Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fruit Trees!

Yesterday was another wonderful day at Market. Windy and blustery in the morning- I brought my gloves, scarf and down coat. It stays so cool on the lake side of the pavilion that I kept them on all day. Thanks to my white tarp, I kept the light in the booth and the wind out! By the end of the day, the weather was glorious! There is something idyllic about the way the sun shines across the water on the inlet at 5:00, when the wind is calm. A perfect ending to the day.

Today was beautiful. Cool in the morning and perfect, mild, spring weather later on. It inspired me to go buy the fruit trees that I have envisioned putting in the planters for over a year now. 2 dwarf Reliance peaches and 2 dwarf Anjou pears seemed perfect!

Those who know me (and love me as I am), know that I can be the consummate procrastinator. At times, I can raise it to an art form. Always wanting to get it perfect, I can put things off till it reaches the level of absurdity. No more! I decided to strike while the iron was hot.
2 trips to Agway for locally grown nursery stock, one trip to the house for a shovel and watering can and I got to work.
Amazingly enough, it took less than 2 hours to transport the trees, dig the holes, water them and take the tools back home. It was such a cheerful sight that I had to walk back to the store with my camera and take some photos. Hey, how about the nice bike rack?
Next step is to get some herbs in the planter to continue my edible landscaping plan. I wonder if folks will pick the edibles or just continue to use the planters as oversize garbage bins, like they usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment